The cabinet has decided that people who work in contact professions can go back to work from 11 May 2020.
If we have made an appointment before you come to us, please consider the following questions:
- In the past 2 hours to 14 days, did you suffer from one or more of the following (also mild) Covid-19 symptoms such as cold, cough, difficult to breath, diarrhea, fever, fatigue, or loss of smell and taste?
- Do you have housemates / family members with fever and / or shortness of breath?
Has a housemate / family member of yours been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- If you have returned from a foreign holiday area with an ‘orange’ or ‘red’ travel advice, we can only provide remote / digital care. No consultation can take place in our practice.When you have answered all of the above questions with “no”, then we can treat you. If there is a “yes” in answer to one of these questions, don’t come. You can cancel your consultation appointment free of charge and contact your physician.
Visit our clinic
- We recommend that you do not come with more than two people at the same time, preferably alone, or accompany a child;
- Please take a face mask before entering our clinic;
- We do our best to keep every treatment on time, to avoid overlap between the consultations;
- Leave watches, rings and other jewelry at home.
The treatment room
- Treatment couch and headrest are covered with disposable paper;
- During the intake interview and treatment we use mouth caps;
- After each treatment, we disinfect the treatment table, door handles, taps, table, chairs, computer and the bell;
this also applies to the toilet when someone has used the toilet;
- The rooms in our clinic are ventilated after each treatment.